Make flower shaped lollipops from hard candies
- For ages 2 – 10
- Submitted by Alisa
If you’re a sucker for a sweet treat, these homemade lollipops will be right up your alley!
- Craft sticks or popsicle sticks
- Hard candy (round)
- Oven and oven mitt
- Your child
- Cookie sheet covered in foil
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place the craft stick on the foil and select six hard candies (we used Life Savers but you can use any hard candy) for the petals and a seventh candy for the center.
- Start about 1/4 of the way down on your craft stick and place the candy that will be your centerpiece. Arrange the rest of the candies around the center piece in the shape of a flower. (Help your little ones make sure that all the edges of the candies touch or they won’t melt together well).
Once your flowers are arranged on the foil, place the cookie sheet in the oven for 10 min. Watch the candies so they don’t melt too much.
Once melted, pull out the cookie sheet and let them cool for about 5 or 10 minutes before peeling them off of the foil. Now you have your
very own homemade flower suckers!