Use marbles to create cool patterns. Submitted by DevaD
Feel like you’re losing your marbles trying to keep your kid entertained? Well, don’t lose them—use them! Buy a bunch of big marbles, some craft paint and a cake pan and sit your kid down for some marble painting.
- White printer paper
- A bunch of shooter marbles: The big kind
- Craft paint: In lots of colors
- Dixie cups: One per paint color
- A cake pan or any rectangular dish that’s a few inches deep and won’t break
- Plastic spoons
- Pour a little paint into each paper cup.
- Have your kid gently put a few marbles into each cup.
- Put a piece of paper into the cake pan.
- Then have your kid scoop out some marbles with a plastic spoon and dump them into the cake pan.
- Have him roll the marbles all over. The marbles will make a cool pattern on the paper.
- Get him to try it with marbles dipped in all the different color paints.